Saturday, June 14, 2008

Eunuch


A Eunuch as illustrated by Leon Bakst for the Ballet Russe of Sergei Diaghilev with the incomparable Nijinsky as its Star in the early part of the 20th century.Perhaps before the outbreak of the horrific World War I.























The Chief Black Eunuch, the third most powerful man in the Empire after Sultan Suleyman and the Grand Vizier.
The Chief Eunuch became Roxelana's confidante and ally. Suleyman was faithful to her but she was concerned about the succession since Mustafa, son of Gulbahar -  Rose of Spring was his first born son.

1 comment:

  1. An outstanԁing ѕhaгe! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast simply because I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this topic here on your site.

    Here is my web page :: vipshoppingalert.com

    ReplyDelete

Isabel Van Fechtmann

Create Your Badge