Thursday, December 31, 2009

WISE THOUGHTS AND DECLARATIONS AS WE END A BLOODY 2009


31st of December 2009
NEW YEAR'S EVE

AUTHOR'S NOTES: These are just a few quotes from some of History's greatest men and women. Some of them led flawed lives yet what they declared is inspiring. I shall, from time to time, as 2010 unfolds add more quotes.

If the Nuremberg Laws were applied, then every post-war American President would have been hanged. NOAM CHOMSKY

The State frequently commits without remorse what a Higher Power would define as "A Crime."
NICCOLO MACCHIAVELLI

I do not like Humanity. That is why I am happiest when in solitude I write, draw, sketch and observe Nature. I do not like War yet I designed formidable war machines, that's why we humans can be monsters and why I keep most humans at bay.
LEONARDO(da VINCI)

Folly consists not in committing folly, but in hiding it when committed.  Men should keep their evil desires sealed up, still more their defects. All things go wrong sometimes, but the wise try to hide their errors while fools boast of them. Reputation depends more on what is hidden than on what is done; if men do not live impeccably, they must live cautiously. The errors of great men are like the eclipses of the greater lights. Even in friendship it is rare to expose one's feelings to those whose loyalty we doubt. Nay, one should conceal them from oneself if one can. But here one can help with that other great rule of Life:
Learn to forget.
BALTAZAR GRACIAN

It isn't wise for the Christian White,
To hustle the Asian Brown.
For the Christian riles
And the Asian smiles
And wears the Christian down.

At the end of the fight
Lies a tombstone White,
With the name of the great deceased.

And the epitaph drawn by a brave artist,
A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East.
RUTYARD KIPLING

No price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself.
SIR RICHARD FRANCIS BURTON

The biggest challenge is when God answers your prayers.
SAINT TERESA OF AVILA

I am a man of peace and meditation, yet I have spent most of my life at War. May the greatest God of the Universe have mercy on me.
EMPEROR MARCUS AURELIUS

The Third Reich, The Soviet Union, Great Britain and the United States and our so-called Allies; the Japanese Empire and Fascist Italy are all governed and run by that most disgusting of words - Cronyism. The victors of this now stupid and pointless war shall triumph by sheer dumb luck.
REINHARD HEYDRICH

War would end if the dead would return.
PRIME MINISTER STANLEY BALDWIN

You took the things that once were Men,
And sped them through the zones of Hate.
To where the dripping surgeons wait,
And wonder too, if in God's sight,
War ever, ever, can be right.
AMBASSADOR ROBERT SERVICE

Jamais la guerre, plus jamais la guerre!
POPE PAUL VI AT THE UNITED NATIONS

I have loved Justice and hated Iniquity,
Which is why I choose to remain in exile.
POPE GREGORY VII

Therefore I say to you my beloved people;
We must endure the unendurable and surrender.
EMPEROR HIROHITO OF THE YAMATO DYNASTY

Filipinos, I shall return.
GENERAL DOUGLAS MACARTHUR

The pen is mightier than the sword and don't you ever doubt it.
VOLTAIRE - MARIE FRANCOIS AROUET

Iacta alea est. Let the dice fly!
GAIUS JULIUS CAESAR

To the representative of Jesus, His Holiness Pope Clement Vll:
I am outraged that any King would abuse the sacrality of your person and hold you prisoner in Castel Sant'Angelo. You have asked for my assistance. Know that my sword is girded. My fleet ready.
In the name of God the Merciful and the Compassionate. Signed, 1529
I, SULEYMAN. PROTECTOR OF MUSLIMS, CHRISTIANS AND JEWS.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our Protector against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God,
Thrust into Hell, Satan and all the other evil spirits.

Dearest Jesus,
Dearest Saint Jude, Patron Saint of Impossible Causes,
Dearest Guardian Angel Metatron

Thank you for a lovely year in spite of EVERYTHING.
Bless my beloved husband Stevan, all my loved ones, even those who do not love me, Bless all my relatives and friends.
Bless Humanity even if like Leonardo, I don't like many of them.
Thank you. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Contessa Isabella VacaniDecember 31, 2009 at 6:42 PM

    Dear Anonymous,

    I can't believe this. You are annoyed on New Year's Eve because of a few scratches on your iphone. What are you clumsy or just careless?

    Be merry and joyful at your luck if that is all that's upsetting you.Enjoy the day, the night and the music.

    Contessa Isabella Vacani - the Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. To, Anonymous,

    If you don't intend to leave a comment please do not use my site for free advertising. Google has an advertising program. Use that. Don't be Scrogish and misereuse about such things.

    I let this go ....this time because of New Year's Eve, but try this again and you will be clicked away.

    The Author

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Isabel Van Fechtmann

Create Your Badge